Since I’m a horror movie buff and it’s October, for the next 31 days I’ll post one of my favorite horror movies daily and in no particular order.
Day 1: The Texas Chainsaw Massacre (original 1974 version)
Why I love it:
- Astrology is featured in the film with the Saturn retrograde theme.
- It could really happen.
- It’s gritty and dark without gratuitous gore.
- The acting is pretty good especially the girl’s hysterical laugh/cry at the end when she finally gets rescued by the driver in the pickup truck. That part is classic.
- It’s a 70’s horror flick.
- The hitch hiker scene.
- The scene where Leatherface clubs the guy on the head and he starts going into a seizure.
- The bone room scene.
- It’s absolutely terrifying.
- The images and chilling voice-over in the beginning of the film where the plot is explained.