Day 2: In The Mouth of Madness (1994)
Why I love it:
- Great plot that expertly interweaves fictional literature with reality.
- The storyline deals with the underworld, the invocation of demons and the myth about the “old ones”– a common theme in spiritually-based horror films.
- Sam Neill plays the main character and he is convincing in his role.
- Great special effects especially for the 90’s.
- Great plot twists and turns that make it impossible to lose interest.
- Not just a horror movie, but a psychological thriller.
- You know a movie is good when you remember the villain’s name: Sutter Cane. “Do you read Sutter Cane?”