Day 11: Lord of Illusions
Why I love it:
- It was directed by Clive Barker, famous horror writer and director who brought you Hellraiser and Candyman.
- It deals with a death cult located in the Mojave desert that worships a magician called Nix. Human sacrifice is the main theme.
- It features a fortune teller who uses Tarot to divine the future.
- If you like magic and illusionists like I do, then you’ll enjoy this movie.
- The “Magic Castle” is featured in the film. The Magic Castle is an actual clubhouse for magicians and practitioners of the occult and it’s located in Los Angeles, California.
- The pineal gland, that mysterious and magical gland located at the base of the brain (location of the 3rd eye) is prominently featured.
- The movie’s content is fresh, dark, disturbing, and thought-provoking. Not many horror films contain such depth.
- A lot of underlying truth can be found in this film when you get past the special effects.
- Scott Bakula stars as the protagonist, Henry D’Amour and he is very convincing as a private investigator. He just has that detective look.