Day 13: The Devil’s Rejects (2005)
- One of the creepiest and scariest films made post-2000 and I don’t scare too easily.
- This movie just oozes evil, filth, debauchery, sin, and insanity. It will make you want to take a shower and dust yourself in baby powder after watching it.
- It is a film written and directed by Rob Zombie, who’s pretty scary looking as it is so I knew it would be good. His wife plays “Baby” the sister of the sick, murderous clan.
- Sid Haig plays Captain Spaulding, and boy is he frightening. I remember Sid Haig from the Pam Grier movie, Coffey (1973). I thought he was kind of scary in that movie. He does a great job playing bad guys. Damn.
- There are quite a few scenes that will make your head spin and question why you are even sticking around ’til the end.
- If you have a phobia of clowns, please do not torture yourself by watching this.
- Otis, played by Bill Moseley is one nasty looking dude that I would hate to cross paths with. One of his lines is “I am the Devil and I am here to do the Devil’s work”. He says this right before he bludgeons his victim. He also says “I think I can still smell your wife’s pussy stink on my gun… hope it doesn’t rust the barrel.” My god!
- The final scene is one of the best when it comes to horror films in my opinion. These punks finally get what they deserve. The song, Free Bird is playing which adds to the intensity of the scene.
- The song Midnight Rider by the Allman Brothers is featured in the beginning scene where Otis and Baby are trying to evade the police. Great choice since it instantly puts you in a 70’s frame of mind. I love the song too.
- The detective assigned to the case is hardcore and will stop at nothing to see that justice is meted out.
- The title of the film describes the content perfectly. These people are so evil, trashy and low down that the Devil doesn’t even want to associate with them. Lol.
- Actor Danny Trejo is in the film as you would expect him to be. He is always cast in the hardcore violent films.