Stephen King’s It (1990)
Why I love it:
- It’s based on a novel by Stephen King.
- It’s a film that features the creepiest clown ever, Pennywise who preys upon children.
- It provides psychological terror that resurrects childhood fears.
- Pennywise, the clown resides in a sewage system and he is first seen when a boy looks into a storm drain for his lost paper boat.
- The fact that Pennywise preys upon innocent children is one of the main reasons why it’s so scary.
- Pennywise’s twisted line “They all float down here”.
- The shower scene where Pennywise comes up from out of the drain.
- The movie goes back and forth between the group being terrorized as children and how their lives have been affected as adults. I like how each person of the group gets informed that Pennywise is back by another.
- The group of kids coin themselves “The Losers” because they are outcasts. I always root for the underdogs.
- While I felt that the ending of It was weak, rushed and cheesy, the make up, special effects and the plot itself make up for it.