Creepshow 2 (1987)
Why I Love It:
- It’s a horror-comedy based on stories by Stephen King consisting of the 3 main novellas and animated interludes.
- Each story is very entertaining and it’s fun to discuss which one you like best with your family and friends.
- I remember watching this with my sisters when it came out on VHS in the days of West Coast Video. It was probably 1988. I was 12.
- The story, The Hitchhiker scared me so bad that I never wanted to visit the city of Dover, Maine. “Thanks for the ride, lady”
- The scene in Old Chief Wooden Head where the wooden Indian comes alive, puts on new war paint and then howls the battle cry.
- The scene where the long-haired narcissistic thug gets scalped by the Indian warrior statue. He must have been a Leo the way he was so freaking vain.
- The scene in The Raft story where the blond-haired dude’s leg breaks at the knee. Ouch!
- The woman in the story called The Hitchhiker is the epitome of the the late 80’s female yuppie with the curly bob hairstyle, her Ann Taylor-esque clothes, Chanel-like jewelry and the Mercedes Benz sedan.
- The final scene in The Hitchhiker story where the relentless hitchhiker zombie guy surprises her in the garage.
- The ghoulish comic book delivery man at the end used to creep me out something terrible.
- Stephen King makes a cameo appearance in The Hitchhiker story. He plays a truck driver who witnesses the accident.